Announcements and Important Events
RETURN TO SPORTS PROTOCOL FOR E.L. HAYNES
Prior to re-engaging in athletics ALL STUDENT ATHLETES MUST:
1) Register to play sports online at www.Gohaynes.org starting on Wednesday, April 14, 2021
2) Have a valid physical on file with the school to participate in any workouts or practices. The physical provided should not expire before June 4, 2021, the last day of the season.
*Once you are approved to participate you will be notified via email. Sports workouts will begin the week of April 26th through June 4th.
HS Boys Soccer
MS Boys Soccer
The schedule of workouts schedule will be posted on www.GoHaynes.org. The coach or the athletic director will also email the workout schedule to you. Practices will be no more than twice a week, unless you participate in Track, which will meet three times a week.
Requirements prior to each training session:
- Parents or guardians should check with their child before traveling to campus to determine if they have any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Students and coaches/staff will complete a Complete COVID Screening based on CDC guidelines, regarding symptoms, prior to the scheduled training session.
When on site:
- Student Athletes and Coaches should arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before their scheduled workout time. Students should go to the field arrival tent for screening and field location assignment.
- Check in with the Athletic Director on the playing field, prior to meeting with coaches or teammates.
Students must bring:
• Personal Mask – student athletes should mark their cloth mask with name/initials. These should be cloth masks with not ventilation holes or exhalation valves.
• Individual/personal towels, small AND large one – mark towels with your name
• Individual/personal water bottle, filled, with their name on the bottle.
• Pair of cleats &/or pair of running shoes
• Locker rooms (and restrooms) will be closed and off-limits
SOCIAL DISTANCING AND SPACING
- Only students and coaches will be allowed on the field. Parents/Guardians must remain either in their vehicles or in the family seating area if they remain socially distanced.
- Students will be placed in groups/pods of 10 or fewer.
- During practice they must maintain 6 feet of social distancing space between each other.
- The no-touch rule will be in effect. All individuals will need to avoid physical contact with others including high fives, huddles, or other close contact occurring before, during and after workouts.
- No congregating before, during or after a workout session.
- You must exit out of the opposite gate or entrance in which you entered.
- Students are encouraged to avoid carpooling if possible. If they are carpooling we encourage them to carpool with individuals from the same workout pod, and the use of masks while driving together.
- Outdoor sinks must be used upon checking in and entering the playing field.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for athletes and coaches. However, students should not rely on hand sanitizer alone; they should wash their hands as often as possible.
- Staff will disinfect before, during, and after all training sessions.
These rules and regulations apply to participation in any E.L. Haynes athletic activity on or off campus.
- All sessions are voluntary.
- Anyone with an underlying condition that could cause a greater risk of COVID-19 should consult a physician prior to participating.
- If a student/family does not feel comfortable participating in any activity, they should contact the coach prior to the workout.
- Students must listen to the coaches and/or other athletic staff/sports medicine staff running activities
- Any student who cannot follow policies, procedures, and directions from staff will be asked to leave that day’s activity.
Any questions, please contact:
• Brent Bass, Director of Athletics – email@example.com
We are continually keeping up to date with the new information and changes that are occurring with Coronavirus. As always, our goal is to keep our community and student-athletes healthy and safe. At this time, we require a 14-day quarantine from workouts if you have traveled to areas that see an increase in cases or have played in any games or tournaments.